The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors.
The foliage is evergreen, of Fine texture and yellow-green in colour. Pinnate, 6 to 8 pale green leaves per stem, 80 to 100 leaflets, to 8 feet long (2.4 m). Yellow if grown with enough light, 2 feet long. Yellow male and female flowers on the same inflorescence.
This palm tree, with its long, graceful feather-shaped fronds, will add a tropical feel to your home and is especially well suited for screened patios and atriums.
Planting and care
Areca palm is propagated by seeds, by separating the offsets or suckers at the base of a mature plant, or by plant division.
Caring for Areca Palm
- Palms grow best when you let their roots fill the pot.
- They need soil-based potting compost and should not be re-potted unnecessarily.
- They are sensitive to chemicals and will be damaged if you expose them to aerosol sprays.
- If you need to treat them with insecticides, be sure what you use is suitable for a palm
- Be the first to review this product
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
How do you rate this product? *