Jade plant (Green, Small)Elephant bush, Portulacaria afra, - Succulent Plant
₹ 399.00 ₹ 299.00
The Jade plant is the ultimate symbol of prosperity in China. It's flat round leaves and compact shape makes it the Asian equivalent of a money tree.
Plant height: 2 - 4 inches (5 - 11 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
The Jade plant is the ultimate symbol of prosperity in China. It's flat round leaves and compact shape make it the Asian equivalent of a money tree. They survive well in small shallow containers. Jades are evergreen plants with thick branches and smooth, rounded, fleshy leaves that grow in opposite directions.
The silver dollar jade is an attractive succulent plant native to South Africa. The plant produces star-shaped clusters of white or pink flowers during the winter season. The plant is considered a succulent shrub and will grow up to 10 feet tall.
Common name(s): Elephant Bush, Elephant Food,Elephant Plant, Miniature Jade, Dwarf Jade, Dwarf Jade Plant, Small Leaf Jade, Porkbush
Flower colours: After a dormant period in winter, the bush produces small pink flowers grouped in clusters at the ends of the branches.
Bloom time: After a dormant period in winter.
Max reachable height: Up to 10 feet.
Difficulty to grow: Moderately easy
Planting and care
Sunlight: Full to partial sunlight
Soil: Use well-drained soil
Water: It requires normal watering when the soil is dry in the summer, and very little watering in the winter.
Temperature: At least 20 degrees Celsius.
Fertilizer: Implement a low-nitrogen liquid fertilizer every 6 to 8 weeks between spring and early fall.
Caring for Elephant bush
- Place in a bright draft-free room receiving 2-3 hours of sunlight in the morning.
- The soil in the pot should be well-drained.
- Apply water when the upper soil layer (1-3 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when the pot does not have drainage holes.
- Provide proper ventilation to your plant.
- Make sure the pot drains well and do not leave a saucer with water sitting under the container.
- Be the first to review this product
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
How do you rate this product? *